W?rtsil? 32 liquid fuel power plants
Agility and flexibility combined with high efficiency over the whole load range and in any operating profile makes this plant excellent for both flexible baseload and peak load, and for supporting the grid with a variety of ancillary services.
- Fast start capability provides megawatts to the grid in seconds and full plant output in less than 2 minutes.
- Able to provide non-spinning secondary reserve thanks to a fast sync time.
- Able to provide grid blackstart capability and re-energise a grid.
- Extremely low standby consumption, < 1 kW per MW of installed power.
- Ultimate combination of efficiency, operational flexibility and wide range of liquid fuels capability.
- Two-stage turbocharging applied to the Wärtsilä 20V32TS engine maintains efficiency and power regardless of challenging ambient conditions, like high altitudes or hot temperatures.
- Can operate on any liquid fuel, including HFO, LFO, liquid biofuel or crude oil.
- Genset is easily transported in one piece to challenging locations
- Peaker application: the W32 engine running on light fuel oil can be configured to utilise increased output for peaking purposes.